Milk Sugar and Gluten Free Brownies. In my ‘Gluten-free-life’ recipebook this is an all-time favorite for the whole family. It is simple to bake and a great proof that eliminating sugar, milk and gluten, doesn’t eliminate taste. No, this is a super tasty and healthy snack with protein power and hidden vegetables.
Our daughter takes these brownies to school and her friends allways ask for a piece. She even made this brownie as a birthday gift. Her friend didn’t want to have any present from her….except for this brownie cake. So great success!!
Turn on your oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line a 18 x 28 cm brownie tray with a piece of parchment paper, leaving extra length on each side, so that the paper rises above the top of the pan (as at the phot).
300 gr grounded almond (meal/flour)
2 tablespoons coconut blossom Gula Java ( dried nectar of coconut blossom)
75 gram raw cacao powder 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 or 2 tablespoons of Agave sirop (use Ecological sirop – available at Aldi’s); or ecological honey (higher GI index than Agave sirop)
250 ml coconut milk
2 organic free-range eggs
beaten 100 grams graded courgette
Handful of walnuts (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: grounded almond, Gula Java, raw cacao, baking soda and sea salt. If necessary sieve the raw cacao first.
2. In another bowl whisk al the wet ingredients + the courgette together.
3. Scoop the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl together with the dry ingredients. And mix all together with a hand whisk for a minute or so. Spread this mixture in the prepared tray. If you like you can add the walnuts on top.
4.Place the tray in the centre of the preheated oven and allow the brownie to bake for 35-45 minutes.
5. Remove the brownie from the oven and cool in the tray.
6. Store in a bread jar or paper bag in room temperature. Or freeze, if you are able not to eat all 😉
Preparing time 15 minutes. Cook time: 35-45 minutes